Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Quantitative Fluorescent Peptide Assay is a sensitive, mix-and-read fluorescent microplate assay for the quantitative measurement of peptides and peptide mixtures.
- Sensitive – accurately detect as little as 5.0 µg/mL of single peptides or peptide mixtures
- Robust – assay performance rigorously tested using both peptides and peptide digest mixtures
- Robust peptide digest standard – kit includes a validated peptide digest standard for improved reproducibility of quantitation
- Compatible – works with many reagents, including those used in mass spectrometry sample preparation
- Convenient – easy mix-and-read format and stable fluorescent signal that may be read in as little as 5 minutes up to several hours
The Pierce Quantitative Fluorescent Peptide Assay reagents include peptide assay buffer, fluorescent peptide labeling reagent, and a peptide digest assay standard for the quantitative measurement of peptide concentrations. In this assay, peptides are specifically labeled at the amino-terminus using an amine-reactive fluorescent reagent, and the fluorescently labeled peptides are detected using ex390/em475.
Because of the labeling mechanism of the fluorescent assay reagent, this assay is suitable for the quantitative measurement of synthetic peptides as well as peptide digest mixtures. A high quality peptide digest reference standard is included for use in generating linear standard curves and as a calibration control for improved accuracy and reproducibility. This sensitive assay requires only 10 µl of sample, produces a linear response with increasing peptide concentrations (5–1000 μg/ml), and results in a stable final fluorescence that can be detected in as little as five minutes.
Recommended for use with peptide mixtures and synthetic peptides with an unblocked amino-terminus (amino-terminus-labeled peptides, such as TMT-labeled peptides, are not compatible with this assay)
Normalizing sample concentrations for quantitative downstream applications
Normalizing sample loading volumes for LC, MS, and LC/MS applications
Measuring recovery after peptide clean-up procedures
Storage: 2 to 8 °C
Accessories information: Thermo Scientific™ 96-well plates are manufactured using high-quality polystyrene and are high binding with black, flat well bottoms to accommodate fluorescence assays.
Ordering information: Kit contains Fluorometric Peptide Assay Reagent, 4×2,5 ml; Fluorometric Peptide Assay Buffer, 50 ml; Peptide Digest Assay Standard, 1,5 ml.
Caution: For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.