VWR® Thermal cyclers XT96 and XTender96Supplier: VWR, part of Avantor
Total Ratings: 0
Avg. Ratings: out of 5
Making use of advanced technology, XT cyclers can be connected via Ethernet and controlled remotely by a master XT96 cycler, a PC or a mobile device (smartphone/tablet).
The software/app needed comes for free and provides the same intuitive user interface as the touch-sensitive, sharp 7" TFT display that the XT96 cycler is equipped with.
When used as part of a remote-control configuration, the XTender96 makes a perfect slave unit, having no built-in display but reduced to its core function of providing excellent PCR results, while saving costs and valuable resources.
Other innovative features:
- Flexible lid: Heated lid automatically adjusts to fit every PCR tube, creating pressure that prevents sample evaporation, to ensure reproducible results in every run
- Innovative block design with reduced mass allows highest temperature uniformity, and heating and cooling rates of up to max. 4 °C/s
- Precise temperature control for shortest run times, without over- and under-shoots, for best PCR results
- Gradient function (optional): Eight advanced control circuits and Peltier elements, providing an almost linear gradient – ideal for PCR optimisation
- Sharp, clear 7" TFT display, combined with intuitive software, simplifies use and suits all user expectations
- Intuitive programming: PCR-Wizard for convenient three-step, two-step, and gradient PCR programming
- Quick set-up: Select one of the ‘Recently used methods’ to accelerate your PCR run
- Data control: Up to 2× USB, 1× Ethernet (MS Windows®, Linux), remote control and monitoring of instruments via PC software, MP3 signal tones, and master/slave control
- System tools at the touch of a button: Graphical or tabular programming, 'Global Program Ramp', 'Tube Control', online help, 'Quick Start' function and 'Power Fail Denaturation' for auto-restart after power failure
- XTender96 is a fully equipped PCR thermal cycler without a touch screen, the ideal device controlled by a PC or from another XT96 thermal cycler