The 3M™ Quick Swab is a ready-to-use environmental swab system consisting of a five inch, rayon-tipped swab containing Letheen neutralising buffer to facilitate recovery of bacteria.
- 3M™ Quick Swabs reduce labor required to prepare, gather and plate environmental samples, increasing efficiencies
- Convenient design helps improve sampling consistency from tech-to-tech and plant-to-plant
- Sampling swab can be used wet or dry and can target hard to reach areas for increased sampling flexibility
- Self-contained sampling swab is easy to use and can reduce need for dilution mixing and pipetting for quick sampling
- Ready-to-use environmental swab quickly delivers 1 ml of sample onto a 3M™ Petrifilm Plate
The swabs can be used wet or dry to sample surfaces and quickly deliver 1 ml of sample onto a 3M™ Petriﬁlm™ Plate. It can increase cost effectiveness per swab test by reducing the labor required to prepare, gather and plate the sample. There is no need to prepare neutralising diluents or use a pipette to add the sample to the plate or test. The swab is a convenient and quick collection device for sampling. This sampling device is gamma irradiated against decontamination, making it a ready-to-use product with a long shelf life. The 3M™ Quick Swab is made in the USA and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance. It is intended for lab use only.
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) approach is the most widely accepted food safety management protocol worldwide. Sample collection products from 3M are a crucial part of this approach to identify potential food-borne hazards and pinpoint where they reside. Portability, stable enrichment media, and easy-to-handle swabs and sponges are designed to test for a wide variety of potential hazards and deliver exceptionally accurate results. They are engineered to safely gather, hold, and secure contents from the collection site to the lab without leaking or compromising the sample. The primary use of Letheen Broth is to neutralise the bactericidal action of quaternary ammonium compounds, and for determining the phenol co-efficient of cationic surfactants per the recommendation by the Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC). Letheen Broth is also used in hygiene swabbing practices where neutralising quaternary ammonium compounds are required.