3M™ Petrifilm™ E. coli / coliform count plates provide a cost effective, convenient and reliable method for testing equipment, raw materials, food products and manufacturing environmental samples.
- Confirmed E.coli results in 24 to 48 hours
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating all the time-consuming steps of preparing media/agar dishes
- Interpretation can be done with the 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plate Reader for consistent, fast, automated reading and recording of results
- This plate has been awarded official methods of analysis OMA #99114for Food OMA # 99808 for Poultry, Meat and Sea Food
- Food processors and Contract labs worldwide trust 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ E. coli/Coliform count plate is a sample-ready-culture-medium system which contains Violet Red Bile (VRB) nutrients, a cold-water-soluble gelling agent, an indicator of glucuronidase activity (BCIG), and a tetrazolium indicator that facilitates colony enumeration in food and beverage samples. These plates provide both E. coli and total Coliform Count information with confirmed results in just 24 to 48 hours. By eliminating subsequent confirmation steps required with most traditional reference methods, the 3M™ Petrifilm™ E. coli/coliform count plates can help increase productivity and reduce overall lab costs.
Three easy steps offer fast, easy-to-interpret results:
1) Inoculate - 3M™ Petrifilm™ E. coli/Coliform Count Plates are easy to inoculate. Lift the top film and add sample.
2) Incubate - The space saving design minimises incubator space requirements.
3) Interpret - Count the colonies. Confirmed coliforms are red or blue colonies with associated gas bubbles. Confirmed E. coli are blue colonies with associated gas bubbles. Results are fast and accurate.
Refer to instructions for use for additional information, and more details on validations.
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ E. coli/coliform count plate can also be read using the 3M™ Petrifilm™ plate reader which provides consistent, fast, automated reading and recording of results of 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates (Aerobic count, rapid aerobic count, coliform count, E. coli/coliform count, Enterobacteriaceae count and select E. coli count) in 4 seconds.
In today's environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates. That's because 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have streamlined, standardised and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.