Paints and coatings viscosity standards provide certified kinematic viscosity, dynamic viscosity, density and (where applicable) Krebs data across temperature ranges at 20, 23 and 25 °C, also includes the calculated flow time of the oil in 0,5 °C intervals. Ideal for those in the paint and coatings industry.
- Certified in strict accordance with ASTM D2162
- Density g/ml in accordance with ASTM D1480
- Calculated viscosity at temperatures at 0,5 °C intervals between 20 and 25 °C, and a calibration graph are included on the certificate.
- The calibration certificate quotes viscosity in mm²/s (centistokes), mPa.s (centipoise) and (where applicable) Krebs units
- Fully traceable to National Standards ensuring full compliance to ASTM and IP test method protocols
These products are sold in 500 ml volume, tamper-evident packaging and are supplied with a 2 year shelf life.
This product range has been tested at primary level using master viscometers in accordance with ASTM D2162 to ensure the lowest uncertainty of measurement, thus providing standards that are certified with primary level accuracy. ASTM D2162 is the only referenced method for the certification of viscosity standards when adopting ASTM test method protocols.
All density measurements at 20, 23 and 25 °C have been made in accordance with ASTM D1480. Dynamic viscosities at 20, 23 and 25 °C were calculated from these measured values. Temperature measurements were made using thermometers meeting the requirements specified in ASTM D2162 and ASTM D1480, which have a current calibration traceable to recognised National Standards, the National Physical Laboratory (NPL), National Institute Standards and Technology (NIST), and other recognised national standards laboratories. Calibrations of this product are traceable to NIST.
Certifications: Certified according to ISO 17025 / ISO 17034 under UKAS accreditation.
Delivery information: The certificate supplied with the product includes calculated viscosity at 0,5 °C intervals between 20 and 25 °C, as well as a calibration graph.
Caution: The viscosity value given in the ordering table below is the nominal viscosity value - actual batch values are given in the certification documents supplied with the product and also on the label.