The DURAN® borosilicate glass 3.3, double-walled, wide mouth bottles GLS 80® incorporate an integral jacket that isolates the contents from the external environment. Heated or cooled liquids can be circulated through the jacket to control the temperature within a screw topped bottle. Double-walled bottles offer a sealable and more flexible alternative to open topped jacketed beakers.
- Simple, low cost, jacketed chemostat or bioreactor for cell culture
- Vessel for temperature-controlled reactions such as enzyme digestions
- Simple continuous flow stirred reactor system with the optional GLS 80® cap components
- Thermostatic vessel to maintain fluids, or high viscosity liquids at a constant temperature, useful when working with endo- or exothermic reagents
- Large cold trap or condenser when used with dry ice in the inner container
Wide usable temperature range of –40 to +120 °C. The range can be extended from –45 to +180 °C with the optional white GLS 80® polyethersulfone cap. DURAN® glass components are usable from –196 to +300 °C, but care must be taken to limit the rates of heating or cooling. All components are fully autoclavable. The 65 mm inner diameter of the GLS 80® wide mouth provides easy access to the contents, or for cleaning.
The flat inner base is compatible with magnetic stirring bars, or the DURAN® GLS 80® magnetic stirrer cap system. Compatible with full range of wide mouth GLS 80® connection cap systems for liquid addition or removal during processing. The inner vessel features an easy to read graduated volume scale. The GL 18 outlet hose connectors are removable for increased safety. The positions of the 10 mm PTFE inlet / outlet hose connectors are optimised for a uniform flow around the jacket to ensure consistent heating or cooling.
Note: Maximum pressure in the double-walled glass jacket must not exceed +50 kPa gauge. These products must not be used under vacuum.
Delivery information: Supplied complete with PBT GL 18 aperture caps, PTFE 10 mm hose connectors, polypropylene pouring ring and GLS 80® cap.