Quality Process Excellence
VWR was the first major European laboratory distribution supplier to achieve triple certification to the International Standards:
- Quality - ISO 9001:2015
- Environment - ISO 14001:2015
- Health and Safety - OHSAS 18001:2007
Our certification for the whole of our laboratory supplies business gives customers confidence that a third party certification body regularly audits us; checking how we organise our processes and the human/technical factors that could affect quality and the environment. This means our customers canbe sure that the service we provide is of the highest quality. VWR works continually on enlarging the scope of our certification and in addition now holds certifications for:
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for services in several countries and for pipette calibration services used across Europe
- ISO 13485:2003 for manufacturing of consumables for pathology and cytopathology labs
The current scope of our certification
- Procurement, marketing, storage, distribution and sales of chemicals, consumables, laboratory equipment, furniture and laboratory information systems.
- Blending, filling, analysis and packaging of chemicals.
- Regeneration of resins.
- Manufacture of laboratory glass components.
- Installation, maintenance, validation, calibration and repair of laboratory equipment.
- The supply of training services.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations came in force in the UK on the 2 January 2007. Brand owners, importers and distributors of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) are affected, attracting an obligation under the UK WEEE regulations.
Producers of EEE are required to finance the collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of EEE at its end of life.
All producers of EEE, regardless of size, were required to register with a compliance scheme by the 15 March 2007. Producers will be required to supply compliance schemes with information regarding the amount of EEE, by category, they have put onto the UK market every year.
Full producer responsibility for WEEE started on the 1 July 2007.
VWR are registered with Environment Agency as a producer of WEEE. Our unique registration number is WEEE/GF00046SY.
VWR will collect our obligated WEEE and recycle this via our waste recovery contractor.
New WEEE (put on market after 15 August 2005)
VWR are responsible for collection and recycling for any electrical item (with a plug), with VWR badge on or that we import into UK that we put onto market after 15 August 2005 at the end of it’s life.
Historic WEEE (put on market before 13 August 2005)
VWR are responsible for collection and recycling for any electrical item that is a like for like replacement
VWR will collect our obligated WEEE using our own transport contractor who will transport WEEE back to the CSC where it will be consolidated and sent to our recycling partner.