Spotlight: Real-time microbial sequencing
Nanopore sequencing devices enable rapid and comprehensive analysis of microbial samples - from real-time species identification and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) profiling to plasmid verification and whole-genome assembly.Contact a specialist
Discover the benefits of nanopore sequencing:
- Portable and affordable - sequence in the lab or at sample source
- Real-time data analysis workflows - including species identification, AMR profiling, and plasmid verification
- Streamlined 10-minute library preparation - for rapid sample insights
- Long sequencing reads - delivering enhanced taxonomic resolution and complete, reference-quality genome assemblies
- PCR-free approaches - eliminate amplification bias and detect DNA/RNA methylation as standard
Find a nanopore sequencing device or starter pack to suit your microbial and microbiome sequencing projects – whether in the lab or field.
Download our Getting started guides for best practice advice on sequencing microbial and microbiome samples, including kit and data analysis selection.
Perform rapid metagenomic species ID and AMR profiling, or generate complete, circular microbial genomes — in the lab or field.
A low-cost, end-to-end workflow for in-house plasmid verification. Sequence up to 96 plasmid samples per run with same-day results.
The 16S Barcoding Kit enables rapid, genus level identification of bacteria and archaea from up to 24 samples in a single, cost-effective sequencing run.